Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here Comes the Bride, But Who's the Groom?

I had the weirdest dream this morning. I was getting married (complete in my bridal regalia of a white v-shaped dress with a princess skirt, veil and a very long train with silver earrings and a tinge of blue on the bow of my dress for my "something blue" effect) to a tall guy with a slender frame. There was only one problem: I didn't see his face! I've had many a dream like this and I'm very baffled as to why those dreams are the way they are. Would you want to kiss a groom with a faceless identity? It makes me want to bust out a crystal ball just to see if I can figure out who the mystery husband is. LOL! However, I did the next best thing: I took out my handy dandy book entitled 10,000 Dreams Interpreted or What's in a Dream and here's what I found:

Bride: "For a young woman to dream that she's a bride foretells that she will shortly come into an inheritance which will please her exceedingly, if she's pleased in making her bridal toilet." Toilet, in this case, according to the dictionary, means "to dress or groom one's self."

Veil: "For a young woman to dream that she wears a bridal veil denotes that she will engage in some affair which will afford her lasting profit and enjoyment."

After reading the analysis, I've come to the conclusion that it was a positive dream even though the groom's face couldn't be seen. That's okay, I guess. Isn't a wedding always about the bride? J/K!

No comments:

Post a Comment