Thursday, January 6, 2011

i'm such a spaz

It's funny how one comes across things that they've forgotten about. As I was walking around in my room this morning, I stepped on a folded piece of paper and when I opened it, I started laughing. It was a copy of an excerpt from a book by Kent Nerburn titled Letters to My Son. Lo and behold, it was about falling in love. I'm such a dork when it comes to these things--in other words, I'm a hopeless romantic whose in love with love. Is that a crime? Anywho, it's pretty long, so I'm just going to include some of it here.

It's a mystery why we fall inlove.
It's a mystery why it happens.
It's a mystery why it comes...
Sometimes, hopefully at least once in your life--the gift of love will come to you in full flower
and you will take hold of it and celebrate it in all expressive beauty.
This is a dream we all share.
More often it will come and take hold of you, celebrate you for a brief moment, then move on...
If you find yourself in love with someone who does not love you, be gentle with yourself.
There is nothing wrong with you.
Love just didn't choose to rest in the other person's heart...
How you deal with love is how you deal with you,
and all our hearts feel the same pains and joys,
even if our lives and ways are different...
Remember that you don't choose love, love chooses you...
Love has its own time, seasons, and its own reason for coming and going.
You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it to staying.
You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you...
Love has always been and will always be a mystery.
Be glad that it comes to live for a moment in your life.
If you keep your heart open...it will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment