Thursday, February 10, 2011

Someone Like You

When I heard you were engaged, I went numb. At first I thought it was nothing, but the following day, I woke up with an overwhelming sense of sadness and indescribably broken. I cried an ocean that day, finally coming to terms with a dream that can no longer be. I held on to the dream of a happily-ever-after life with you, always having faith that you and I were destined to be together. I knew you were "the one" when I first laid eyes on you and held on to a potential what-could-be. Over the years, I have thought about you, never losing hope that one day, you'd be back in my life. But I know that it's time to let you go and move on. I will always be grateful that you were in my life once-upon-a-time and wish you all the best! May the new chapter in your life be filled with love, laughter and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment