Saturday, October 1, 2011

K-Pop, What??

While YouTube-ing recently, I came across a Korean pop group called Shinee. Made up of five youngens who depict the "triple threat" factor, I first became curious when I saw one of its members, Onew, do a rendition of James Ingram's "Forevermore" on the stream site. Good lord, the boy can SING! He has such a soulful voice that is rare from most Asian singers. This, then, led to endless searches for more youtube vids and needless to say I've found my new obsession. It's not that I've never heard of Korean Pop, I've just never bothered to listen. The majority of Shinee's songs are in Korean, but the melodies of their songs are catchy, easy and makes me want to shake my moneymaker (LOL!). At this moment I'm listening to "Kiss, Kiss, Kiss." Thank goodness for subtitles or else I have no choice but to make my own words up! heehehehe:)

http://youtu.be/JiB442KxVI0

No comments:

Post a Comment